Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ThE*eNd*Is*NeAr

Tomorrow is my last day teaching this group of 20 first graders. Nonetheless, I am SUPER excited! It has been quite the year. This has probably been the most challenging class in all the 7 years that I have taught. I'm ready for a break. It is always sad in a way to say goodbye to those youngsters after all the time and energy that is poured into them over the course of 9 months. I often wonder if I have made a difference. My goal each year is to develop a love for learning in them so that they are excited about coming to school. Am I sad this year? Maybe a little, but I will be seeing them again next year as I am moving to 2nd grade. Oh yeah, I also have to have my room all packed and moved by tomorrow afternoon. Just one more thing to add to the craziness of this school year.

This summer, school will be far from my mind. I am ready to enjoy my time home with Haley just being a mom, a wife, and a friend. You can find me swimming, riding bikes, blowing bubbles, writing with sidewalk chalk, and anything else that Haley wants to do!

So long 2009-2010 school year. I'm praying for a better year next year!

No comments: