Sunday, July 15, 2007

Encourged and Burdened

Tonight we had a small group of parents come to the church to pray for senior high camp and junior high camp. I was very encouraged of those who took time out of their night to come and pray. Some drove somewhat of a distance to come. It was neat to hear their prayers and the desire to see not only their own child grow at camp but others as well. Thanks to those that came!

My heart is burdened for the junior high girls. For some reason, God has really placed a desire to pray for these girls. They face so many challenges and choices today. They are the same choices and challenges that I had at their age only magnified by 1000. Satan is definitely working and trying to put everything in their way so that they don't see the face of Jesus. I am amazed at everything that is available to these girls today. I sometimes have to stop and think if I was exposed and tempted in the same ways as today. Was I sheltered? Probably! Why did my life seem to look different? I don't know. Are times different? Sure they are but, kid are still kids.

My prayer for camp and the girls is that God will reveal himself in ways that are indescribable. I pray that 7th and 8th grade girls will find their identity in Christ rather than their friends or boyfriend. I pray that unity would develop in a way that God could only ordain in junior high girls.

I know and expect God to do amazing things! Let's go!

No comments: