Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer is Quickly Ending

Where has the time gone? August starts tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time flies. School starts in two weeks. Is it just me or does time seem to go faster when you are older? I can remember thinking that summer would never end. Now, I want it to slow down. I guess that is life in general.

Last week we had a garage sale. My first ever in my married life. I had never heard of having a garage sale on Thursday until I moved to Nappanee. Now I understand. Thursday is a such a big garage sale day in this town. Friday, not so much and Saturday, so so. We did really well which will help us out a lot. I learned more how interesting people are. One lady came and she is the county jail librarian. She thoroughly enjoys it and has been doing it for a couple of years. Can you imagine what kind of ministry you would have being a jail librarian? Can't imagine. Then I met another lady who travels in a motor home(the big, nice ones) in the summer and then lives on a yacht in Mexico during the winter. WOW! That's all I could say to her while she is standing in my driveway looking at a portable gas grill that we were selling. What a life? She proceeded to tell me that it is the only way to live and she is glad that she has the life that she does. Who wouldn't? Or, would I really want that? Not sure!

Like I said, it was successful and intersting. Glad it's over though. This weekend Jason and I are going away for a few days just the two of us. It's been a while so it should be fun.

No comments: