Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 1 down, 11 more to go!

I made it! I made it through the first day of Jason being gone. That should not have been bad as he has been gone before. He has never been gone for 12 days though and that is one reason why this is hard. Thanks mom and dad for coming over with dinner and spending time with me. That was great!

There are some things that I will be doing that will keep me busy, which I need to do if I want to stay sane. Saturday I will be throwing a baby shower with my friend Janelle for Rose Lehane, another youth pastor's wife from church. I will be visiting my brother in Chicago on Sunday. My mom, dad, Haley, and I will all be making the trip to visit Ted so that we can spend Father's Day with my dad. That should be fun!

I hope to do other things but at this time that is what is on the list for now.

1 comment:

Heather Everingham said...

Rachael you are in my prayers. I know what a tough time it is to have your husband gone, but knowning he needs to be there. Nate has been gone weeks at a time in Arizona helping his brother on the reservation, and I love that he can do it, but at the same time its really hard to be home with the kids. It sounds like you have a great support system the rest of your time should fly by.