Wednesday, June 6, 2007

More classes!

I can remember like it was yesterday when I graduated from college. I was done with papers, projects, tests, portfolios, and everything else that comes with college. I was getting on with my life and couldn't wait to have my teaching licence in my hand because then I knew that I was finally considered a teacher. Well, that was 5 years ago.

Fast forward to the present. I just finished my 4th year of teaching and am loving it. Time flies! Well, that license that I mentioned earlier expires this year. In December! Not a big deal, right? Not really other than having to renew it and take MORE CLASSES! Now, I agree that all educators need to be up to date with today's way of teaching and the culture that is around us. I just don't want to take more classes every 5 years. On top of it, I have to pay for it. 6 credit hours every five years. You do the math! It's alot of money.

Want to know my opinion? Probably not, but I'll share it anyway. If the state requires every teacher to take 6 credit hours every 5 years, they should be flipping the bill. I know that won't happen but I can dream! I'm still paying on my first round of college and probably won't be finished paying that off until Haley goes to college.

I know I will get it done!

No comments: