Sunday, June 17, 2007

A day in Chi-town

Today, my mom, dad, Haley, and I loaded up the car and headed to Chicago to spend the day with Ted and celebrate Father's day. Our first stop was the church where Ted's group was being introduced and letting the congregation know what they will be doing this summer. If you want to know more about what Ted does click here. WARNING: he has not updated his blog in awhile but you can get the idea by reading past posts. Then off to lunch downtown at the Weber Grill. This was my first experience at the restaurant. I have to admit, I was impressed! It was great. The food, service, and environment. We went around the table and shared our favorite memories of our dad. It was fun going down memory lane. He is a great dad and has sacrificed so much for us.
After lunch, we took a stroll downtown and enjoyed time in the Windy City. Then drove back to Ted's house and dropped him off. It was fun and a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Heather Everingham said...

how's your week going? Just a few more days to go!

Rachael Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Gerring said...

Fathers day I have determined is a day for fathers to look at themselves and take inventory of their fatherhood and see how they have done.. For me while I know that being a father is the greatest blessing given me by God, it seems that to be the father that God is to us is impossible to mirror to our own children. If I could I know I would. I am the most blessed of all the fathers I know because I have the two most awesome kids anyone could ever want.
And to top that off God takes you even deeper into his goodness, kindness, Grace and Love and brings you "Grandchildren". WOW, now that just adds frosting and beautiful decoration to the cake of fatherhood.
Spending time with Ted and you Rachael on fathers day reminds me of how blessed I am to be the father of you both. Having Mom and Haley along made it a perfect day. GOD IS SO GOOD!
Love you,
dad