Saturday, June 23, 2007

Doctor's Visit

Today was a day that I had been dreading all week. Haley had her 6 month check up today. It is more than just getting weighed, measured, and checked out. It entails having 4 shots injected into her thigh. I think any mom that goes through these appointments can relate with what I am talking about. My mother-in-law went with me for some support because I think the appointment is harder on the parent than the child.

She was doing fine when the doctor was checking her out. She now weighs 19lbs. 8oz. and is 28in. long. She grew 3 inches in 2 months! She is so long. She is in the 95th percentile for her age. I guess that means she is doing great! I can't believe how fast she is growing!

Everything was going fine as predicted. Next, the nurse walks in with the tray of needles. I knew what was coming. I held down Haley's leg as the first shot went in. She started screaming! It was beginning to get difficult holding her leg. If you know my daughter, she moves her legs so fast. Then it was the second, then the third (on her other leg). Finally we got through all four shots and Haley was trying to catch her breath from crying! I do have to say, she did a fantastic job. She is a true trooper! She calmed down and we were on our way.

I now understand why people hate going to the doctor. It all begins while being a baby!

I am proud of her! I love her and love every minute that I am with her!

No comments: