Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Mixed Emotion Wife

Tonight I am actually realizing that Jason leaves tomorrow for 12 days. I was originally supposed to go with him on this trip but decided against it because of Haley. I could not imagine leaving her for that amount of time while being in another country. Well, as we were praying for the next 12 days, it hit me that I am not going. I was thinking, "I'm his wife and I should be going with him. The pastor's wife always goes on these kinds of trips." Well, we made a decision for me to stay home, one that I am grateful for but, I will not get to experience everything that happens. And most of all, Jason and I will not have this experience together. That's really hard. I will look forward to the stories when he comes back. But unless you are there to experience them for yourself, you are left to just listen and enjoy hearing what God did.

I think what is hard for me is that I will not be there to support him in the tough times and in the joyous times. I will be a prayer warrior from home and know that there are other people on the team that will support him when I can't.

It's going to be a great trip and God is going to do amazing things. I just know it!

1 comment:

derryprenkert said...

Know that Janelle and I are praying for you as we pray for this team. You are valued and an important part of this ministry in any and every role you take that is obedient to where God is leading you.