Monday, June 11, 2007

Putting on Faith Glasses


As I have said in a previous post, our church is doing a series titled "Love Wins." Yesterday was the last week for the serious and Pastor Dave ended with a bang. Literally! It was awesome. I will write more about that later as I am still processing and listening to God. If you want to listen to the message click here.


It was the first Sunday of the series(I think) when Pastor Dave brought a faith walking couple to the stage to share a part of their testimony. This couple shared about a faith journey they took several years ago when God called them to Africa. They began working with the children in Kenya. Many of these children are born with HIV and or their mothers are too ill to care for them because they also have HIV/AIDS. They saw a need and they believed in God that he would take care of them.


They began building a baby center for these children so that they would have a place to live. They wanted this place to be a home and a health care facility for the sick babies. They had stories after stories of successes and disappointments but God was still in control.


In the midst of all of this the lady(sorry, I can't remember her name) became ill and they were forced to come back to the U.S. so that she could get the proper care. This was obviously something that was devastating and confusing. God called them there, why is he taking them away.


This is where the exciting part comes in. Our church is coming behind the abandoned baby center. We are going to help finish the project so that these children have a place where they can be safe and cared for rather than being left to die in awful conditions. I got really excited and was sad at the same time. God was moving in me and talking to me about these children. Having my own child now, this really got pretty personal. I began to think of the children who have been left to die because they are either not wanted or their moms are too sick to take care of them. I can't imagine that being my daughter. My heart began to weep for these children.


God was talking to me as Pastor Dave was finishing his message. We were all given the challenge of taking steps of faith in helping with this effort. I was asking God, "How can I help?" It was amazing, his answer was so clear to me. I came home, talked about with Jason, and we both agreed to pray about it for a couple of days. Those couple of days came and went and I knew that I needed to take the step of faith. So, I am!
It is hard to walk in faith because of the unknown down the road. But when God calls us we must be obedient. Faith is a COMPLETE trust in God.
My faith glasses are on! Is God asking you to take a step of faith? Put on your faith glasses and let God be in COMPLETE control!

No comments: